Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Heart of Dorkness

So for those of you who don't hang on every word I write and therefore may be totally unaware that I actually do speak, I have joined forces with The Novel Sound's Erik Carlson, a man who is one quarter semi-retired crimefighting super suave tiki lounge bartender, 30% Hunter S. Thompson and half a pound of pretentious twaddlecock. He's also the guy who turned into Sven Gustophson, Swedish sidekick to P. Jerusha Scattergood in my brand new and as yet unnamed serial which premiered yesterday (scroll down, fuckers).

Teamed up for what, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Erik and I are The Heart Of Dorkness, a dynamic duo of nerditude, spouting irrelevant shit about stuff you don't care about. Erik has been podcasting for years. I'm new at it, and I think my voice sounds Retardosaurus Wrecks. But fuck it, it's fun and we're turning it into a regular thang!

Tomorrow we rise from the ashes of our hangovers to record episode 2, in which we will discuss Scream Queens, Henry Rollins and Godzilla VS. Hedorah. Because Erik is a massive Godzilla fan, and forced me to watch this movie which is apparently about the short-lived craze of Lovecraftian Disco and Godzilla's amazing ability to insult a half-melted Cthulhu with semaphore flag gestures. Next time, I pick the fucking movie.

Anyway, you should totally listen to The Heart Of Dorkness - Episode 1 if you haven't already.

I'll get you for this, Carlson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...