Saturday, October 22, 2016

Songs in the Key of Apocalypse

Just in case that gibbering, unnaturally orange, butthole-faced, narcissistic, shit-flinging, brain damaged howler monkey and coke-bloated Hitler-Barbie-Doll model manages to get elected as President, I decided we needed a proper soundtrack to accompany the burning of this totally fucked and corrupted nation.

You're welcome.
(click the song titles if you want to listen)

#1 - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
Performed by: A Perfect Circle
Performed by: Pink Floyd
"Did you see the frightened ones
Did you hear the falling bombs
Did you ever wonder
Why we had to run for shelter
When the promise of a brave new world
Unfurled beneath a clear blue sky."

#3 - Ænima
Performed by: Tool
"Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cause
I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim."

Performed by: The The
"If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
He'd be gunned down by the C.I.A.
Oh, the lights that now burn brightest behind stained glass
Will cast the darkest shadows upon the human heart
."

Performed by: Live
"...and as the final sunset rolls behind the earth
and the clock is finally dead
I'll look at you, you'll look at me
and we'll cry a lot
but this will be what we said
this will be what we said

Look where all this talking got us, baby."

Performed by: Johnny Cash

"Voices calling and voices crying
Some are born and some are dying
Its alpha and omegas kingdom come
And the whirlwind is in the thorn trees
The virgins are all trimming their wicks
The whirlwind is in the thorn trees
It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks
Till Armageddon no shalom no shalom."

#7 - Zero Sum
Performed by: Nine Inch Nails

"And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade,
That you are the reason that I am not afraid.
And I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall,
We will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts
Shame on us for all we have done
And all we ever were. Just zeroes and ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...